Music, sound… and much more
If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got
Curiosity, passion to discover new paths, commitment and social impact. Explore how music and sound can improve education and contribute to develop different skills or abilities; how to achieve greater narrative and emotional impact through audiovisual and multimedia productions; or how to help in the area of physical and psychological well-being through music and sound. This has led me to participate in R & D projects in the field of music technology, such as Flamenco Home Studio, or to start my own projects, both in the fields of creation and education. Projects such as Music and Talent, a music school whose goal is not to teach music, but to use music as a resource to develop different skills in children from 3 to 11 years. Or Unconscious Listening, a research project funded by the BBVA Foundation that focuses on how to take advantage of the emotional impact that, music and sound from different media and video games, have on children to improve their learning.
- Cuadrado, F., López-Cobo, I. Valverde, B., Varona, D. (2017). Musicalizatech: a collaborative music production project for secondary and high school students. Journal of Music, Technology and Education, vol 10, n1 pp 93-126. Reino Unido: Intellectbooks. doi: 10.1386/jmte.10.1.93_1
- Cuadrado, F. (2017). Del audio digital al audio virtual. Nuevas tendencias en la creación musical propiciadas por las nuevas tecnologías, Telos Cuadernos de Comunicación e Innovación, num. 106, pp 63-71. Madrid, Fundación Telefónica.
- Cuadrado, F. (2016). Enseñar a través de la música. Formación docente en el grado de primaria. Eufonía. Didáctica de la Música, num. 069. Barcelona, Graó
- Cuadrado Méndez, Francisco José (2015). The use of sequencer tools during the composition process – a field study. Journal of Music, Technology and Education, vol 8, n1 pp 55-70. Reino Unido: Intellectbooks. DOI:10.1386/jmte.8.1.55_1
My teaching career has always been developed in the field of professional, university and postgraduate training. I have been a teacher of subjects always related to music, sound and technology: symphonic music recording techniques, film music, music production, sound postproduction, mixing and mastering, music education and teaching and technology in education. I’ve been professor at University of Seville, University Ramón Lull (Barcelona), University of Quilmes (Argentina), CEV, ESAMA and Andalusian School of Cinematography, among others.
Currently I am Associate Dean in Social and Human Sciences at Universidad Loyola Andalucía (Seville, Spain), Professor and Researcher in the Department of Communication and Education and Coordinator of Musical activities at this same University.
I have also participated as a speaker at various conferences, seminars and events with lectures focused on different aspects related to my research and teaching activity:
- “Lead your business like an orchestra”
- “Music and Talent”
- “Positive Education through music”
- “Sound designing emotions”
- “Do we cheat the spectators? The influence of sound design on the perception of the audience”
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery
Mark van Doren
I'm a composer and sound designer, mainly specialized in any kind of media and stage narrative contents and productions: film, videogames, videomapping, dance and theatre. This combination of music and sound has always been the leitmotiv that has led me to build my professional career. I've always tried to join these two elements as the main resources to tell a story, or to increase the impact of a story. I've tried to approach every project from this special point of view: an intimate relationship between music and sound effects, ambiences, dialogues, etc., to create a complete sound narration. I've been working for more than 20 years in more than 70 productions, both in National and International projects.
Curiosity, passion to discover new paths, commitment and social impact are also words that define my way to understand my profession. This philosophy has also led me to introduce research as part of my professional development, with participation in different R & D projects, and specially with the development of new tools, like the "Touch the sound" system. Do you want to know a bit more of this? Click here.